Gable Insurance was declared in default by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) last month and the Liechtenstein Court also appointed a liquidator.
According to the market the declaration is bad news for brokers whether they used Gable as a provider or not.
Gable has insisted it is solvent and still able to pay claims but the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) emphasised on 21 November that the insurer is “in liquidation”.
The regulator noted: “Under Liechtenstein Insurance Contract
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand