Gable Insurance was declared in default by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) last month and the Liechtenstein Court also appointed a liquidator.
According to the market the declaration is bad news for brokers whether they used Gable as a provider or not.
Gable has insisted it is solvent and still able to pay claims but the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) emphasised on 21 November that the insurer is “in liquidation”.
The regulator noted: “Under Liechtenstein Insurance Contract
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- MGA Fiducia and Hiscox sever marine cargo ties
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- Circle expands again in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal