Brokers are becoming more knowledgable about latent defects products, according to research conducted by BLP Insurance.
In a survey of 46 commercial brokers across the UK, the company found that there is an increased awareness of latent defects insurance in the construction industry compared to five years ago.
Two thirds of commercial brokers are fully aware of the product, and over half of respondents see its value in protecting homes, offices and mixed use developments against potential
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change