Property owners, packages, commercial combined and fleet all declined in the first quarter of 2016 compared to the same quarter last year, while commercial vehicle, combined liability and tradesman saw differing increases.
The Acturis Commercial Broking Index, which measures average premium movements across key lines in a typical broker’s book of business (see box), was down 1.4% (see below). It also landed below the baseline – which is the first quarter of 2010 – at 98.1.
(click here to
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Martyn Holman joins Banks-owned Eldon Insurance board
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Lockton announces key hires in Birmingham and Manchester
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission