Property owners, packages, commercial combined and fleet all declined in the first quarter of 2016 compared to the same quarter last year, while commercial vehicle, combined liability and tradesman saw differing increases.
The Acturis Commercial Broking Index, which measures average premium movements across key lines in a typical broker’s book of business (see box), was down 1.4% (see below). It also landed below the baseline – which is the first quarter of 2010 – at 98.1.
(click here to
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders