Property owners, packages, commercial combined and fleet all declined in the first quarter of 2016 compared to the same quarter last year, while commercial vehicle, combined liability and tradesman saw differing increases.
The Acturis Commercial Broking Index, which measures average premium movements across key lines in a typical broker’s book of business (see box), was down 1.4% (see below). It also landed below the baseline – which is the first quarter of 2010 – at 98.1.
(click here to
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Konsileo parts ways with four brokers
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY