Insurer esure has reported underlying profit after tax of £80.5m for the year ended 31 December 2016, up 18% on the £68.2m delivered the year before.
The full profit after tax came in at £269.2m however this was impacted by a variety of factors including a gain of £213.6m on the demerger of GoCompare.
Gross written premium at the provider rose 19% to £655.0m (2015: £550.3m) as in-force policies increased by 8.6% to 2.17m.
The combined operating ratio (COR) deteriorated slightly to 98.8% from 97
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- NED salaries in the insurance sector revealed
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- FSCS agrees Alpha replacement cover deal
- ABI bites back on discount rate
- Brokers must transform to evade threat of AI - report
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns