Hastings Group has posted a 25% increase in gross written premiums (GWP) to £769.0m (2015: £614.9m) for the year ended 31 December 2016.
Operating profit rose by 5% to £132.1m (2015: £126.1m), after allowing for a £20.0m impact of the Ogden rate change.
The company noted that it did not expect the discount rate cut from 2.5% to minus 0.75% to have material impact on the group.
In addition, its net revenue was up by 23% to £590.3m in 2016 from £481.0m in the preceding year. Its combined operating
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh confirms the end of all Swinton retail branches
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Aon UK confirms solicitors’ PI cover has been withdrawn
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- PIB u-turns on pledge to keep Albany Childcare brand
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Romero Group moves to Applied Epic