Insurance brokers will be selling increasing types of cover related to the sharing economy in 2017 according to Mahendra Nambiar, vice president of global insurance solutions and innovations lead, at Capgemini.
"There will be new insurance products," stated Nambiar noting that these would likely be focused on usage-based insurance.
Of customers who want things like Air Bnb insurance he added: "The coverage is still low so there will be new products to attack that market."
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Granite to create 300 new jobs
- Saga profits plummet in all operating areas
- Ecclesiastical's John Blundell to retire in 2020
- Ten takes small profit hit due to software house move