2016 has been the year of Insurtech investment. According to analyst firm CB Insights, venture capital firms made 126 investments in insurance globally in the first nine months of 2016, with a total value of $1.4bn (£1.1m), compared with 118 for the whole of 2015 and 26 in 2011.
The growing hype is also reflected in guest articles on Techcrunch (11 versus 2) and the number of Insurtech conferences.
The bulk of global startup investments have been made historically in health care and in the US.
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Market moves: Across the board
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss