Experts have warned that brokers could potentially see themselves replaced by artificial intelligence as technology improves.
John Cusano, global head of insurance at consultancy Accenture, said, at an event to discuss the future of insurtech, that "consumers are interested in interacting with machines".
He also noted that research had shown that sometimes the end customer will "prefer" to talk to a machine rather than a person.
Cusano pointed out that the ability of artificial intelligence "to
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- TL Dallas posts turnover and profit growth for 2018
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith