Whether it's a flood, fire or a theft, when an SME suffers a loss, the time it takes to recover can sometimes finish the business off altogether. Ensuring these firms have considered what's at stake is therefore an essential part of risk management.
While business interruption insurance can cover the loss of income during this period, it's unfortunately an area where SMEs fail to take out adequate cover.
"Business interruption insurance is the biggest source of underinsurance and policyholder
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- In Person: Simon Cooter and Carolyn Callan, Covéa
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand