Whether it's a flood, fire or a theft, when an SME suffers a loss, the time it takes to recover can sometimes finish the business off altogether. Ensuring these firms have considered what's at stake is therefore an essential part of risk management.
While business interruption insurance can cover the loss of income during this period, it's unfortunately an area where SMEs fail to take out adequate cover.
"Business interruption insurance is the biggest source of underinsurance and policyholder
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click