When something goes wrong, insurance can determine whether a business survives or fails. But a robust approach to risk management can deliver additional benefits, helping to minimise damage, maintain or reduce premiums and even prevent a loss altogether.
This is particularly the case in the SME sector. There, as even a relatively small loss could potentially put the business's future at stake, providing advice on risk management should be an important part of a broker's role.
The Insurance Age editorial team dig into this week's top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Mactavish criticises industry for "knee-jerk reaction" in hardening market
- Victor reaches out to brokers following CEO change
- FCA reiterates dual pricing concerns
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Acquis backers Dunedin to pursue more insurance deals