Gable Insurance (GIAG) has gone into administration, it has been confirmed.
Owner William Dewsall said that the Liechtenstein Financial Market Authority (FMA) had appointed PwC as special administrator.
In a statement Dewsall commented: "The Gable Group has for some time been trying to meet the onerous obligations of the Solvency II regime. Unfortunately, it has proved impossible to do so."
Last month the business was ordered to stop writing new business by the regulator.
Dewsall added: "
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Trade credit insurer pay-outs at highest level since 2009
- GDPR: What do brokers need to know?
- Meet the techies: Tobias Taupitz
- Podcast: The top five stories of the week
- Aston Lark buys Ingram Hawkins and Nock
- Carole Nash and Axa remain committed to Republic of Ireland bike market