Gable Insurance (GIAG) has gone into administration, it has been confirmed.
Owner William Dewsall said that the Liechtenstein Financial Market Authority (FMA) had appointed PwC as special administrator.
In a statement Dewsall commented: "The Gable Group has for some time been trying to meet the onerous obligations of the Solvency II regime. Unfortunately, it has proved impossible to do so."
Last month the business was ordered to stop writing new business by the regulator.
Dewsall added: "
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- Simply Business reveals losses for 2017
- CII targeting December 2018 for chartered MGA status
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Allianz takes new CFO from Ageas
- #Insagepeople: 20 - 26 August 2018
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports