Hastings Group Holdings reported a 28 percent increase in gross written premium (GWP) for the first half of 2016.
This compares to £282.7m for the same period in 2016. Operating profit also grew 20 percent to £70.8m (H1 2015: £59.2m) while the number of inforce policies increase from 1.9m to 2.2m.
COR also improved to 89.2 percent from 90.0 percent last year. Profit after tax hit £51.9m, up from £4.2m in 2015.
The group noted "impressive momentum" and Gary Hoffman, CEO, commented: "Our
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders