Hastings Group Holdings reported a 28 percent increase in gross written premium (GWP) for the first half of 2016.
This compares to £282.7m for the same period in 2016. Operating profit also grew 20 percent to £70.8m (H1 2015: £59.2m) while the number of inforce policies increase from 1.9m to 2.2m.
COR also improved to 89.2 percent from 90.0 percent last year. Profit after tax hit £51.9m, up from £4.2m in 2015.
The group noted "impressive momentum" and Gary Hoffman, CEO, commented: "Our
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Blog: What is JCT 21.2.1 insurance, and who needs it?