AIG Europe has reported a 2% rise in net written premiums for 2015 to £3.55bn from £3.49bn the year before.
The provider's combined operating ratio for the year ended 30 November 2015 improved to 98.2% compared to 98.4% in the previous 12 months.
The firm also delivered a rise in pre-tax profit to £408.5m (2014: £406.5m) as the underwriting result also rose to £61.9m (2014: £59.6m).
According to AIG Europe its performance was "stable" despite a competitive environment and softening rates.
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning