Hastings has posted a 27% increase in gross written premium (GWP) to £614.9m (2015: £475.4m) in its preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2015.
Operating profit also went up to £126.1m from £105.7m the previous year.
However profit before tax only came in at £5m following an £86.3m spend on non-trading items. This was still an improvement on the loss before tax of £1.4m in 2014.
Profit after tax reached £2.3m reversing a loss of £8.4m in the previous 12 months.
Hastings stated that
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders