Group operating profits for Admiral hit £379m shown in preliminary 2015 results, last year operating profits were £355m.
Revenues were roughly static reaching £1.13bn (2014: £1.1bn).
In UK car turnover grew from £1.6bn to £1.7bn while GWP increased to £1.5bn (2014: £1.5bn). Overall profit before tax reached £443m, up from £398m the previous year. The motor COR improved to 81% from 83% in 2014.
Admiral remarked that this was down to "higher reserve releases that resulted from positive claims
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Blanc expects Goldman Sachs to invest in Aston Lark for 'at least five years'
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- Investors value Ardonagh at £1.9bn
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Aviva continues to top Brokerbility members survey