Group operating profits for Admiral hit £379m shown in preliminary 2015 results, last year operating profits were £355m.
Revenues were roughly static reaching £1.13bn (2014: £1.1bn).
In UK car turnover grew from £1.6bn to £1.7bn while GWP increased to £1.5bn (2014: £1.5bn). Overall profit before tax reached £443m, up from £398m the previous year. The motor COR improved to 81% from 83% in 2014.
Admiral remarked that this was down to "higher reserve releases that resulted from positive claims
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders