Hiscox UK and Ireland achieved a 1.9% rise in gross written premiums (GWP) to £443.3m for 2015 (2014: £435m).
For the year ended 31 December, the insurer noted that brokers accounted for just under 80% of UK business.
According to the insurer it achieved a retention rate of 87% through the broker channel which grew by 7.6%.
In addition Hiscox noted that it had seen a six-fold increase in demand for its cyber and data insurance product for SMEs.
The combined operating ratio (COR) for the 12 month
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product