Internet search provider Google is to close its Compare service from 23 March this year.
Google confirmed that ithad emailed its Compare partners to advise them of the service in the UK and the US would be winding down from 23 February.
Google Compare has been operational in the UK since 2012 and offered information on car insurance, mortgage rates, credit cards and travel insurance.
Google said that while searches on these queries remained high, the product didn't get the traction it hoped for
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution