Internet search provider Google is to close its Compare service from 23 March this year.
Google confirmed that ithad emailed its Compare partners to advise them of the service in the UK and the US would be winding down from 23 February.
Google Compare has been operational in the UK since 2012 and offered information on car insurance, mortgage rates, credit cards and travel insurance.
Google said that while searches on these queries remained high, the product didn't get the traction it hoped for
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK