PIB Insurance Brokers has agreed to sell a "significant equity stake" to global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group.
The investment, first rumoured last week, will come from Carlyle Global Financial Services Partners II, a fund that invests in management buyouts, growth capital opportunities and strategic investments in financial services firms globally.
The terms of the deal have not been released. PIB is currently owned by its management team and external private investors.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018