Angus Eaton, Aviva UK and Ireland MD for commercial lines has advised that the insurance sector is in an "age of disruption" and is "landing in a world where there could be serious disintermediation".
Speaking to delegates at the Guidewire Conncections conference in San Francisco, Eaton said that other issues impacting were a redistribution of wealth making customers more demanding, and data and the fact the customers no longer trust large institutions.
Against this background Aviva had t
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product