Motorists paid £47 or 8.1% more for their comprehensive car insurance premiums in the third quarter of 2015 compared with the same period last year according to a Confused.com car insurance price index in association with Towers Watson.
That represents the biggest quarterly rise recorded since 2010 by the index which is based on data compiled from almost two million customer quotes.
The increase means the average premium for an annual comprehensive car insurance policy is now £629 according to
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Clive Edwards becomes CEO of Aspen Insurance UK
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers