Profit for the first six months of 2015 at Confused.com fell by nearly 50% to £4.8m compared with £9.1m for the corresponding period last year.
The company's revenue also fell by 12% to £38.9m for the six months to June this year set against £44.4m in 2014.
Results were impacted by limited overall growth in the price comparison market and investment in the current marketing campaign according to Confused.com.
Its parent company Admiral Group posted a 1% increase in half-year 2015 profit before
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders