Profit for the first six months of 2015 at Confused.com fell by nearly 50% to £4.8m compared with £9.1m for the corresponding period last year.
The company's revenue also fell by 12% to £38.9m for the six months to June this year set against £44.4m in 2014.
Results were impacted by limited overall growth in the price comparison market and investment in the current marketing campaign according to Confused.com.
Its parent company Admiral Group posted a 1% increase in half-year 2015 profit before
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- In Person: Simon Cooter and Carolyn Callan, Covéa
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand