Aspen has reported an increase in insurance gross written premiums (GWP) of 14% to $1.73bn [£1.13bn] for 2014.
The annual results for Aspen Insurance Holdings also revealed that insurance underwriting income reached $50.7m, reversing a loss of $43.9m in 2013.
The combined operating ratio (COR) for the division came in at 96.2%, a vast improvement on the 103.9% achieved in 2013.
Mario Vitale, CEO of insurance at Aspen, commented: "2014 was a year of continued progress for the insurance segment.
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA