Admiral has reported a 2% rise in pre-tax profits to £184.9m (H1 2013: £181.6m) for the first six months of 2014.
The provider's group combined operating ratio (COR) came in at 85.4%, an improvement on the 87.4% for the same period of the previous year.
However turnover slipped 5% to £1.04bn from £1.09bn in the first half of 2013.
The breakdown of the figures revealed that UK car insurance profit increased 8% to £207.7m (H1 2013: £192.7m) with turnover also down at £849.8m (H1 2013:
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Konsileo parts ways with four brokers
- Brokers call on HMRC to reform IPT
- Broker Network owner set to make more deals with fresh funding
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Two TMK executives resign amid fresh sexual harassment claims at Lloyd's
- IFB launches counter fraud database
- Motor market records best year since 1985 ahead of troubled future, says EY