Admiral has reported a 2% rise in pre-tax profits to £184.9m (H1 2013: £181.6m) for the first six months of 2014.
The provider's group combined operating ratio (COR) came in at 85.4%, an improvement on the 87.4% for the same period of the previous year.
However turnover slipped 5% to £1.04bn from £1.09bn in the first half of 2013.
The breakdown of the figures revealed that UK car insurance profit increased 8% to £207.7m (H1 2013: £192.7m) with turnover also down at £849.8m (H1 2013:
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA