Admiral has reported a 2% rise in pre-tax profits to £184.9m (H1 2013: £181.6m) for the first six months of 2014.
The provider's group combined operating ratio (COR) came in at 85.4%, an improvement on the 87.4% for the same period of the previous year.
However turnover slipped 5% to £1.04bn from £1.09bn in the first half of 2013.
The breakdown of the figures revealed that UK car insurance profit increased 8% to £207.7m (H1 2013: £192.7m) with turnover also down at £849.8m (H1 2013:
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders