Car insurance prices continued their downward trend in the second quarter of 2014.
The overall average cost of a comprehensive policy in the UK went down by a further £17 to £579 in the first three months of the year, according to the latest Confused.com car insurance price index, in association with Towers Watson.
Prices for new comprehensive policies fell by an average of 2.8% between March and June, while quarterly reductions for third party, fire and theft policyholders were much smaller at
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1