Car insurance prices continued their downward trend in the second quarter of 2014.
The overall average cost of a comprehensive policy in the UK went down by a further £17 to £579 in the first three months of the year, according to the latest Confused.com car insurance price index, in association with Towers Watson.
Prices for new comprehensive policies fell by an average of 2.8% between March and June, while quarterly reductions for third party, fire and theft policyholders were much smaller at
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m
- Allianz appoints branch leaders