In June 2011 the legal expenses provider and after-the-event insurer declared it would not be writing solicitors' PI due to what it perceived to be the lack of essential changes to the Assigned Risk Pool (ARP) and the rules governing policy wording.
However, sister title PostOnline has revealed the insurer believed the time was now right to reverse that decision.
Chief executive officer Jason Smart confirmed: "We had a meeting yesterday and we are now at the stage where we are presenting to
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product