Tim Larke, associate partner at Ryan Insurance Group, said the brokerage had seen a 20% growth in revenue from sole trader business in 2009 and that he expected to see the same again this year.
Broker-only insurer Groupama said it had seen a smiliar trend and had been asked to cover a growing number of cottage trades, which involved providing cover for a variety of risks it had little or no experience of.
According to Groupama, the most popular micro businesses it had been asked to cover
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning