Tim Larke, associate partner at Ryan Insurance Group, said the brokerage had seen a 20% growth in revenue from sole trader business in 2009 and that he expected to see the same again this year.
Broker-only insurer Groupama said it had seen a smiliar trend and had been asked to cover a growing number of cottage trades, which involved providing cover for a variety of risks it had little or no experience of.
According to Groupama, the most popular micro businesses it had been asked to cover
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA