The number of commercial claims for frozen pipes and water leaks increases by about 20% between December and February, warns Aviva.
It added that claims costs rise by about a quarter (27%) more than average to approx £3,100 in January.
Paul Redington, property claims manager for Aviva, said: “Water damage claims tend to peak during the first two weeks of January and this could be as owners return to their premises following the festive break. However, losses don’t just occur during the Christmas
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Zurich cuts scheme contract with Fleet UK
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- THB pledges support for Fleet UK
- Ardonagh shutters Swinton's advised commercial business
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- Allianz appoints branch leaders
- Latest Ogden rate change will cost the industry over £160m