The number of commercial claims for frozen pipes and water leaks increases by about 20% between December and February, warns Aviva.
It added that claims costs rise by about a quarter (27%) more than average to approx £3,100 in January.
Paul Redington, property claims manager for Aviva, said: “Water damage claims tend to peak during the first two weeks of January and this could be as owners return to their premises following the festive break. However, losses don’t just occur during the Christmas
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product