The number of commercial claims for frozen pipes and water leaks increases by about 20% between December and February, warns Aviva.
It added that claims costs rise by about a quarter (27%) more than average to approx £3,100 in January.
Paul Redington, property claims manager for Aviva, said: “Water damage claims tend to peak during the first two weeks of January and this could be as owners return to their premises following the festive break. However, losses don’t just occur during the Christmas
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA