Summit Insurance Services has claimed it has created the first data retrieval insurance policy, which it says can stop data loss turning into disaster. DataCover encrypts data on a computer and sends it to secure storage facilities, ready for downloading if necessary. If the insured's computer is stolen, or data otherwise lost, it can be retrieved at any time; if it cannot be recovered, up to £1,000 is paid out. The scheme is the brainchild of DRI Holdings (Zurich), underwriter Cassidy Davis
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?