HSBC has hit back at claims from the League Against Cruel Sports (LACS) that it is providing legal expenses insurance to those prosecuted for illegally hunting foxes.
LACS claimed the policy provided by HSBC to members of the Masters of Foxhounds Association would cover not only damage from hunting packs that were not under control or which trespassed or damaged private property, but also the legal expenses of those brought to trial and convicted under the Hunting Act 2004.
The league also cla
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future