Brokers could be set the lose the lion's share of the micro small to medium-sized enterprise (SME) market as online trading in the sector grows in popularity.
The warning came as comparison site Comparethemarket.com announced a set of products aimed directly at the micro SME market.
Jeremy Moll, commercial director at the aggregator, said that although only a small share of the micro SME market was currently traded online, he expected that share to grow rapidly in the next few years.
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti