Brokers could be set the lose the lion's share of the micro small to medium-sized enterprise (SME) market as online trading in the sector grows in popularity.
The warning came as comparison site Comparethemarket.com announced a set of products aimed directly at the micro SME market.
Jeremy Moll, commercial director at the aggregator, said that although only a small share of the micro SME market was currently traded online, he expected that share to grow rapidly in the next few years.
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- SSP confirms system disruption in texts to brokers
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Insurtech start-up Konsileo secures £2.7m in funding
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups