Consolidation among Scotland's brokers because of regulation has been good news for insurers and commercial policyholders, NIG's managing director Charles Crawford has said. Speaking at the NIG Business Academy at the Glasgow Science Centre, Mr Crawford told 120 brokers and SME managers that Financial Services Authority regulation had accelerated the two-year-old trend of larger brokerages acquiring smaller rivals.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel