Using private medical insurance is the most effective way for businesses to reduce increasing employee absence levels, according to the latest annual absence and labour turnover survey by the Confederation of British Industry and Axa.
The report found that in 2006, absence was on the increase, with workers taking an average of seven days off sick, losing 175 million working days and costing the economy more than £13bn.
One of the main factors found to be contributing to these absence levels wa
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future