Recent hurricane losses will probably end up filtering down to the UK broking market in the energy and property sectors according to one London market broker.
Toby Esser, group ceo, Cooper Gay said he believed that hurricane losses, currently estimated at between £40-£60bn in total insured loss estimates, would filter down to the UK broking sector.
"These losses will cross over all classes of business if you are a UK buyer," commented Mr Esser, "and there will be a fundamental impact on the pr
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- SSP confirms system disruption in texts to brokers
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Insurtech start-up Konsileo secures £2.7m in funding
- Axa partners with Gresham in £20m deal
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups