Escalating economic worries, higher prices and tighter spending will combine to make 2008 a tougher year in the broker market, according to Plimsoll Publishing. Senior analyst David Pattison said: "The average growth in the sector in 2007 has been 4.9%, but this growth was by no means universal - 37% of companies actually saw their sales decline."
Have the Indie Trial convictions restored public confidence in the industry?
Log onto www.insuranceage.com to vote in this month's
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups