Thomas, Carroll was a clear winner from the judges' perspective for its demonstrable investment in its staff's welfare and professional development.
Currently employing 77 people, Thomas, Carroll has been 'Investor in People' accredited since 1998, and says it embraced the ethos of personal development years ago.
In terms of employee progress, the brokerage allocates 1.5% of turnover directly to training and development, and also fully funds Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) exams.
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future