London broker THB said it was looking to purchase small to medium-sized London competitors under pressure from soft markets and the weak dollar. In its chairman's statement, the firm said: "THB intends to position itself as a consolidator in the mid-market. The focus will be on finding insurance professionals with specialist skills who enhance THB's own, and enable us to take advantage of business from the wider global network, while driving costs down relative to income."
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups