London broker THB said it was looking to purchase small to medium-sized London competitors under pressure from soft markets and the weak dollar. In its chairman's statement, the firm said: "THB intends to position itself as a consolidator in the mid-market. The focus will be on finding insurance professionals with specialist skills who enhance THB's own, and enable us to take advantage of business from the wider global network, while driving costs down relative to income."
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- Blog: Allianz and LV deal further proof that SME commercial is a tough nut to crack