Norwich Union (NU) has written to all its brokers strongly urging them to back the industry's drive to call a halt to the boom-bust volatility of the underwriting cycle.
John Seaton, underwriting and pricing director at NU commented: "Breaking the pattern of constantly fluctuating premiums is in everyone's best interest - intermediaries and their clients, as well as insurers. It is up to all of us in the industry to end the volatile cycle of highs and lows."
He said that insurers need to impro
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- InsurTech Futures: PwC and Early Metrics launch programme to scale start-ups