Alexander Forbes International Risk Services (AFIRS), the international insurance and risk management arm of Alexander Forbes, has been acquired by US broker Lockton creating, what it claims to be, the largest independent and privately owned global insurance broker.
The £90.2m transaction is expected to be completed by 31 October 2006, subject to regulatory approvals, and will operate as Lockton International Holdings and remain based in London.
Stewart McCulloch, ceo of AFIRS, who will become
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted