The UK general insurance sector has experienced a massive increase in customer defection levels, soaring by 43% since 2005, according to a recent study.
The research, conducted by Pitney Bowes Group 1 Software, collected data from financial industries in European economies and in the US, and found customer defection, or 'churn', had risen from 17.8% in 2005 to 25.4% in 2007.
Andrew Greenyer, vice-president of international marketing at Pitney Bowes Group 1 Software, said: "The world is becoming mo
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley