Peter Knowles has been appointed director of general insurance by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII), replacing the outgoing Lee Gladwell, who had held the post for the past three years. Mr Knowles said he was looking forward to building the CII's relationship with the general insurance market and ensuring its propositions and services increased in their value and relevance to all members.
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance