The Association of British Insurers (ABI) is working with the Building Research Establishment (BRE) to set up an industry-standard certification scheme to help insurers and lenders more accurately assess flood risk.
The initiative, which is understood to be based on an existing BRE standard, will require a housing manufacturer to complete a technical quality assessment before obtaining a stamp of approval.
Dr Sebastian Catovsky, policy adviser at the ABI said: "This will make it easier for ins
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Broking Break - Your Top Five
- Blog: Allianz and LV deal further proof that SME commercial is a tough nut to crack