The Association of British Insurers (ABI) is working with the Building Research Establishment (BRE) to set up an industry-standard certification scheme to help insurers and lenders more accurately assess flood risk.
The initiative, which is understood to be based on an existing BRE standard, will require a housing manufacturer to complete a technical quality assessment before obtaining a stamp of approval.
Dr Sebastian Catovsky, policy adviser at the ABI said: "This will make it easier for
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018