Insurance Australia Group (IAG) may finally be able to offload its British insurance arm, Equity Insurance Group, if a deal, set to be completed by February, goes through, Insurance Age has learnt.
Senior industry sources indicated QBE would buy the group's Lloyd's underwriting business Equity Redstar, and Swinton would snap up the group's high-street broking chain Equity Insurance Brokers.
The proposed management buyout of the whole Equity group by Neil Utley seems dead in the water and it
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018