Insurance Australia Group (IAG) may finally be able to offload its British insurance arm, Equity Insurance Group, if a deal, set to be completed by February, goes through, Insurance Age has learnt.
Senior industry sources indicated QBE would buy the group's Lloyd's underwriting business Equity Redstar, and Swinton would snap up the group's high-street broking chain Equity Insurance Brokers.
The proposed management buyout of the whole Equity group by Neil Utley seems dead in the water and it appear
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five