Hiscox is to grow its retail business while using technology to cut costs, as it attempts to build on strong results in the first half of 2004.
The high net worth insurer posted record profits, with operating profit up 134% to £61.7m and pre-tax profit up 61% to £50.8m. The group said the combined ratio was up from 95.9% to 84.4% and that rates remained profitable in all the classes it writes.
It revealed plans to expand its retail network with a six figure marketing spend to create a UK
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019