The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) has announced plans to merge its financial services arm - The Society of Financial Advisers (Sofa) - with The Life Insurance Association (LIA) in order to help create the UK's largest representative body of financial advisers. A heads of agreement between the Sofa and LIA boards has been signed to form a new company owned by its 25,000 members. This will form a separately constituted part of the CII.
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand