The Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) has announced plans to merge its financial services arm - The Society of Financial Advisers (Sofa) - with The Life Insurance Association (LIA) in order to help create the UK's largest representative body of financial advisers. A heads of agreement between the Sofa and LIA boards has been signed to form a new company owned by its 25,000 members. This will form a separately constituted part of the CII.
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018