The Budget Group of Companies (Budget) has purchased Hara Hill Watson (HHW), the Scottish based insurance broker. The acquisition adds six new highstreet outlets to Budget's retail arm. Matthew Donaldson, group director of Budget, said: "We will reach 1.4 million policies under management and expect to deliver record profits by year-end (June 06). Key contributors to this success have been the internet and our recently launched price comparison site Comparethemarket.com."
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018