The Budget Group of Companies (Budget) has purchased Hara Hill Watson (HHW), the Scottish based insurance broker. The acquisition adds six new highstreet outlets to Budget's retail arm. Matthew Donaldson, group director of Budget, said: "We will reach 1.4 million policies under management and expect to deliver record profits by year-end (June 06). Key contributors to this success have been the internet and our recently launched price comparison site Comparethemarket.com."
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO