The number of people covered by private medical insurance (PMI) broke the six-million mark for the first time in five years, according to recent figures from the Association of British Insurers (ABI).
In 2007, more than six million people were covered by either personal or corporate PMI, with over one million covered through healthcare trust arrangements. In addition, approximately seven million people now have some form of private health cover in the UK.
The figures were backed up by research fro
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted