Jardine Lloyd Thompson (JLT) has warned that Bernard Madoff's alleged £32bn fraud could potentially have a huge impact on the insurance market.
Paul Towler, a partner at JLT, said: "The litigious environment that prevails means it's inevitable that financial institutions who invested clients' assets in Madoff's funds will face actions from disgruntled clients seeking to recover lost monies. The likely focus of clients will be the level of due diligence performed by the financial institutions.
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal
- TL Dallas posts turnover and profit growth for 2018
- Granite to create 300 new jobs