Jardine Lloyd Thompson (JLT) has warned that Bernard Madoff's alleged £32bn fraud could potentially have a huge impact on the insurance market.
Paul Towler, a partner at JLT, said: "The litigious environment that prevails means it's inevitable that financial institutions who invested clients' assets in Madoff's funds will face actions from disgruntled clients seeking to recover lost monies. The likely focus of clients will be the level of due diligence performed by the financial institutions.
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints