Fortis Insurance reported 6% growth in gross written premium (GWP) on last year to hit £442m in the third quarter of 2004, with solid results across all its product lines.
The insurer said it has continued its focus on underwriting for profit in the face of flat pricing in the motor market.
Widening of the product footprint has supported a 7% growth in the number of cars insured, while year-on-year growth of 2% GWP (£296m) has also been achieved.
Fortis claimed investment in its household propo
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley