In response to the Office of Fair Trading (OFT)'s investigation intothe liability insurance market, the ABI has stressed that the UK'sliability sector remains one of the world's most competitive, saying thatfalling investment returns, rising reinsurance costs and changes inpersonal injury law have been the main factors behind premium increases.John Parker, the ABI's head of general insurance, said: "Legal changes inrecent years, such as the introduction of conditional fee arrangements,have l
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData