The renaissance of northern cities has positioned them relatively well to weather the economic storm, while London could be set to feel the worst of the recession, according to a report.
The study, From Recession to Recovery: the Local Dimension published by the Local Government Association (LGA), projected how each area of the country could be affected differently by the economic downturn if no action was taken.
The study projected the hardest hit industries would be construction and manufacturin
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five